Saturday, March 15, 2008
1. What are your top three favorite colors? Red, Purple and I guess pink
2. What crafts do you really enjoy? knitting, crochet, stamping, scrapbooking
3. What products do you really covet? ball winder and swift, harmony needles from knit picks, Lorna's Laces sockyarn in Red Rover
4. What other activities do you enjoy besides your favorite crafty things? I read a lot, we camp and we also like to go to antique stores
5. Is there anything you collect? Anchor Hawking Early American Presscut Glass in the starburst pattern, Stephen King original hardcover, Hard Rock Cafe pins and glassware
6. What is your zodiac sign and/or Chinese zodiac symbol? I'm a scorpio and I think I'm a rabbit
7.What are your favorite…
…scents/smells? Lavender, Vanilla, Gardenia
…types of music and/or bands? classic rock, 80's, Rush, lots of independent artists
…authors? Stephen King, Patricia Cornwell, anything from the Regency period
…animals? I love monkeys
…places to shop? Good Fibrations yarn shop, Michaels, Target
…yarn/fabric/paper/other craft supplies? LOVE sock yarn, I'm not a yarn snob so I don't mind acrylic as long as it's soft - like Caron Simply Soft, I love Lorna's Laces sock yarn and Jitterbug sock yarn, I use mostly Stampin' Up and Creative Memories for stamping and scrapbooking. I like bambook straight needles, for DPN's and Circulars I prefer bamboo except for sock needles and I like metal for that, anything with a good sharp point
…candies or goodies? I love chocolate and mint
8. Do you have any wish lists? I don't think so anymore
9. Are you allergic to anything? Yes, I am horribly allergic to pine and most grass/tree type additives in products (juniper, lemongrass, etc)
10. Do you have any pets? What are they? 1 snake named Isis, dog named Velvet, 3 cats - Gryffin, Lupin and Alister
11. Please include anything else you would like your secret pal to know about you- anything that would be helpful in finding you little gifts that you will really enjoy. Also, if you have a Ravelry ID, please include it here. Please nothing religious-themed. My Ravelry ID is AuntieEmKnits
Monday, March 10, 2008
So far this semester, I've read 15,000 pages of test, taken two tests and written 15 papers. So goes the life of an English/Sociology double major. I'm working on a literature review for my sociology honors class. It's due tomorrow and I never met a deadline I didn't feel the need to procrastinate. I'm feeling just a little overwhelmed. I have 4 papers due this week. 2 are done, one of those is turned in. I also need to find a job because I got the great news last week that as of Friday I don't have a job. Because what I really needed right now was to have to run around campus and find a job.
I spent about 45 minutes crying to Michael. He convinced me that I am a good writer, I can do this. I know this, but it felt good to hear. I wish he was here to reassure me. But tonight's it's just me, precious (my beautiful red laptop), Billy Joel's greatest, a lot of caffeine and the cursed Girl Scout cookies. Oh and Benadryl because I'm allergic to dirt and everything that grows in it and it's Spring here in the desert.
Spring Break starts Friday at 5. I intend to sleep all day Saturday. Next weekend I'm cleaning house and organizing it, getting ahead in my readings, research, and with any kind of luck, some reading for fun and knitting. Thank god for knitting tomorrow night.