Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Purpleupagus and Itty Bitty Knitting



Sorry I haven't posted in a bit. I've been hard at work making clothes for the fashion maven herself, Barbie.

My mother-in-law collects Barbie, so I decided to use up some leftover sock yarn and make some clothes. Talk about fun, in a few hours, you can say you've finished a sweater. True, it's only 3 inches big, but it's a sweater. Oh if only big people sweaters went that fast. KM and I decided to take it a bit further and make a SNB Barbie, I don't have those photos yet, but I promise to post them.



In other knitting news, I've been working on the purpleupagus shrug for Jamie, showing here. It's actually purple, a rich royal purple with a celery colored trim, digital camera = pure shit. I'm at the front ribbing, have about 3 more inches, then the ribbing on the "sleeves" then seem it up and it's done. It sheds like you wouldn't believe.

I've been working on socks for FKM, have one sock done and almost all of the cuff done on the second, a pair of socks for me (almost to the toe decrease on #1) and socks for KM.

Tomorrow's a busy day. I took a day off to get my thyroid sono done, meet with UNM admissions and a bunch of other stuff. I did get accepted into UNM, YEAH!!! But they aren't wanting to take all of my credits as the general ed requirements, so I need to talk to them, wish me luck. I'll also be submitting my graduation packet tomorrow to Central NM Community College. I am graduating on April 20th with my Associates of Arts in Liberal Arts. Pardon me while I pat my own back, but I'm graduating with highest honors (4.0 GPA), a member of Phi Theta Kappa (honor society for community colleges) and as a member of the National Dean's List. I'm pretty stoked. Since I figure I'll be waiting around a bunch of places, I'll be taking knitting with me, probably my socks and FKM's socks.

That's all for now.

3 comments:

Kat said...

congratulations on graduating, sounds like you have done a fantastic job! well done!

Teaandcakes said...

Congratulations on graduating!

Sharon said...

Congrats on graduating!! I have had that sono for my thyroid so I hope it works out well for you too. I get them all the time. I can't believe your MIL takes the dolls out of the box. My sister would have my head on a platter if I did that to her dolls. It's a huge no no. The shrug looks amazing!