Wednesday, April 04, 2007

More Barbie



So here's the last of the photos of "Stitch N' Bitch Barbie" with apologies to Mattel, Barbie and Deb Stoller. My MIL is also a knitter, so she loved this. To Sharon, yep, she takes them out of the box, even the fancy ones she has. This one was a $10 "big massive retailer" special. These were a lot of fun to make, I have to admit. The striped dress is from left-over Knit Picks sock yarn, I had to add a bit of a crochet border on the top because she was having a wardrobe malfunction. KM did the box, the back says, "Barbie and her friend Summer aren't at the beach this year. They've jointed countless other women in the coffee houses and yarn stores with a pair of needles and an urge to Bitch! Summer loves to knit and her line of hand-knit garments have hit the fashion runways of Paris, London and New York. But her real passion is for hand-knit socks and a good back rub." He made that up all by himself. That's what I love about him, he pays attention to what I say and what I'm interested in.


Other knitting news, I'm to the heel flap on FKM's second sock, I have about 2 inches on the shrug and no more progress on my Sol Joy Socks. I'm off to sit in our "library" and knit. Our house is typical North Valley old home that's been added to over the years. We have 4 bedrooms and on the East side of the house we have a long, fairly wide room where we have a sofa, a chair, some nice reading lamps and all of our bookshelves and piles of books waiting for shelves. The guys are watching a movie and I just feel like being a slug for a while, so I'm going to listen to the MP3 player and work on the shrug.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Stitch 'n' Bitch Barbie! Whee! I must have one!

Emilee said...

It was a fun little project. KM is the greatest, I was just going to buy a Barbie and give the clothes seperate. But at dinner he suggested doing a SNB Barbie, he did all of it. The advantages of being betrothed to a journalist/marketing/PR kind of guy!