Thursday, March 08, 2007

Whenever Pal


Here is my swap from my awesome Whenever List pal, Rachel. It was all inside this ginormous lime green bag from her LYS, the name of the store is Naked Sheep Yarn Shop. Isn't that clever? Insider there was some tea, some jelly bellies in a Mary Engelbreit box, some peanut butter Hershey's Kisses, a tea shop mystery novel, a cute charm bracelet with a fall theme (I think I'll turn the beads into stitch markers), and 3 skeins of Wildflower DK by Plymouth Yarn, a box of treats for Velvet, a pretty little knit purse and a packet of vanilla milk bath stuff. Yummy. I'm seeing a nice long soak this weekend with a book and a cup of tea. Thank you so much Rachel. I know my package made it to my pal (love delivery confirmation) but I haven't heard if she likes it or not.
In Allergy news I saw the doctor on Wednesday and as always, I have a sinus infection and tonsillitis. This was common when I was a kid. I'd have bad allergies in the fall, I'd be dieing for months, then we'd have a hard freeze and the next week I'd have a sinus infection. So they gave me an antibiotic, Flonase (best stuff EVER) and a prescription for Allegra. But my damn insurance doesn't want to pay for the Allegra and it was going to be $50 to pick it up. So I needed to call the insurance and the doctor to see what can be done. I hate that they made Claritin OTC because now insurance companies don't want to pay for the prescription meds. I've tried probably every OTC allergy med out there and they just don't work for me. I have very severe allergies. But I'm feeling much better now and the Flonase is pretty awesome.
In knitting news the sweater for FKM is coming along nicely. I'm half done on the second sleeve, then I hook those on to the body and finish knitting it. His socks are coming along too. KM's socks are making good progress. The shrug is really coming along. Although KM thinks it looks like I'm knitting a Muppet, so we've named it the Purpleupagus. I'll post photos tomorrow.
This weekend I'm going wedding dress shopping!! I've found the dress I want online. It's EXACTLY what I wanted. I wore this fabulous purple gown in December to a holiday party and it was very flattering on me, so I wanted to find it with a little bit of a train and sleeves because I hate my arms. I FOUND IT!!! On eBay!! So this weekend I'll be going to bridal shops for the experience. I plan to try on silly dresses and have fun because I didn't get that the first time around. There's a bridal shop here in Albuquerque that does custom work so I'm going to take the pictures to them and see what they will charge me.
That's all, I'm off to watch "Beowulf and Grendel" with KM. It has Gerard Butler, yummy. Sometime I shall post about all of my movie star crushes are foreign.


No comments: