Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Happy Birthday My Love


So today, the 28th, is KM's birthday. I won't tell how old he is, but he's older than me, hehe. I have a little giftee for him, but not much since funds are a little scarce around here. So, I thought I would tell all 2 of my fan club how much and why I love this man. Last year for Valentine's Day we decided no gifts since we were moving in together and handfasting and needed the money for that. So I did what I do best and made him something. I made him a little scrapbook of the reasons I love him. I'm kind of shy about giving a guy a scrapbook for a gift because the last time I did it the dickhead (NOT KM) looked at it like it was doggy-doo and commented he'd rather have had the new Star Wars computer game. So anyway, like I was saying, I made him a scrapbook and I was SOOOOO nervous about it. I sweated for weeks after I made it (yep, made it early, aren't you amazed) and almost didn't give it to him. But the ego won out and I gave it to him. He was thrilled. He showed people, he talked about it for weeks, it was what all of us handmade gifters long for, APPRECIATE FOR ITS BEAUTY. So it was sappy and all of that with just 3 months of photos in it.


But now, I've been with this wonderful guy 1 year, 5 months and 7 days. And I love him more and more every day. In just 12 weeks and 5 days, we're getting married! So here, in no particular order are reasons I love him:


1. He's good in bed

2. He supports my hobbies

3. He listens to me

4. He likes my family

5. He takes care of me when I'm sick

6. He wears my hand-knit socks and brags about them

7. He doesn't try to change me

8. He calls me beautiful and/or gorgeous every single day

9. He's affectionate

10.He's happy to see me

11. He views our relationship as a partnership where we are both equal

12. He gives great hugs and kisses

13. He cooks

14. He looks really cute in a kilt

15. He buys me yarn

16. He knows the meaning of the terms: knit, purl, frog, tink, increase, gauge

17. He's a great father

18. He's got a great sense of humor and makes me laugh with his REALLY GREAT impersonations

19. He's liberal

20. He'll give a homeless guy money and/or food

21. He takes good care of our family

22. He's a musician

23. He's an artist

24. He introduces me to new things but understands that nothing he could do could ever convince me to eat peas

25. Understands or at least tolerates my love of shoes and handbags

26. Won't let me be too hard on myself

27. He's Pagan

28. He'll kill spiders and not tease me with the dead wiggling carcass

29. Makes me feel important every single minute of every single day.

30. And finally, Loves me, just loves me.


Happy Birthday Sweetie, here's to many, many more.


5 comments:

Kat said...

Does he have a brother? He sounds wonderful! It brough a tear to my eye. Happy Birthday, from across the pond!

Emmie said...

This is such a sweet post!!Such a lovely way of wishing your loved one on their birthday!!Hope your love grows over the years and you make many more lovely memories together. God bless.Emmie

robertswayze said...

This was really nice to read...Happy Birthday!!! Have a great day filled with joy and happiness...and hey for some more interesting resources to make your day special just visit my blog on Birthday Wishes and check out all that i've posted there!!!

Shelby said...

You look so happy!! Sounds like a perfect match! My hubby has many of the same qualities (though I still haven't convinced him to buy me yarn.) ;-) Happy birthday to your guy!

Sharon said...

You are one lucky lady and sound like a perfect match! Happy Birthday to him! Congratulation on your upcoming marriage!!