So today, the 28th, is KM's birthday. I won't tell how old he is, but he's older than me, hehe. I have a little giftee for him, but not much since funds are a little scarce around here. So, I thought I would tell all 2 of my fan club how much and why I love this man. Last year for Valentine's Day we decided no gifts since we were moving in together and handfasting and needed the money for that. So I did what I do best and made him something. I made him a little scrapbook of the reasons I love him. I'm kind of shy about giving a guy a scrapbook for a gift because the last time I did it the dickhead (NOT KM) looked at it like it was doggy-doo and commented he'd rather have had the new Star Wars computer game. So anyway, like I was saying, I made him a scrapbook and I was SOOOOO nervous about it. I sweated for weeks after I made it (yep, made it early, aren't you amazed) and almost didn't give it to him. But the ego won out and I gave it to him. He was thrilled. He showed people, he talked about it for weeks, it was what all of us handmade gifters long for, APPRECIATE FOR ITS BEAUTY. So it was sappy and all of that with just 3 months of photos in it.
But now, I've been with this wonderful guy 1 year, 5 months and 7 days. And I love him more and more every day. In just 12 weeks and 5 days, we're getting married! So here, in no particular order are reasons I love him:
1. He's good in bed
2. He supports my hobbies
3. He listens to me
4. He likes my family
5. He takes care of me when I'm sick
6. He wears my hand-knit socks and brags about them
7. He doesn't try to change me
8. He calls me beautiful and/or gorgeous every single day
9. He's affectionate
10.He's happy to see me
11. He views our relationship as a partnership where we are both equal
12. He gives great hugs and kisses
13. He cooks
14. He looks really cute in a kilt
15. He buys me yarn
16. He knows the meaning of the terms: knit, purl, frog, tink, increase, gauge
17. He's a great father
18. He's got a great sense of humor and makes me laugh with his REALLY GREAT impersonations
19. He's liberal
20. He'll give a homeless guy money and/or food
21. He takes good care of our family
22. He's a musician
23. He's an artist
24. He introduces me to new things but understands that nothing he could do could ever convince me to eat peas
25. Understands or at least tolerates my love of shoes and handbags
26. Won't let me be too hard on myself
27. He's Pagan
28. He'll kill spiders and not tease me with the dead wiggling carcass
29. Makes me feel important every single minute of every single day.
30. And finally, Loves me, just loves me.
Happy Birthday Sweetie, here's to many, many more.