Friday, March 09, 2007

Favorite Color Swap

I've had a very long day. Ended up in a meeting I didn't know about for 3 hours!!!! Then I stayed until 6 to get some stuff done since the boss-man will be out next week and I needed some things taken care of. So I finally got home to this:
It was my package from my favorite color secret pal, Shelby. Red is my favorite color. She sent me some fiber wash in a flora scent, some beautiful stitch markers, some Ghirardelli, a tin of cocoa (smells yummy - I'll reuse the tin too, because it's pretty), a handmade card, and then some wonderful Knit Picks Essential sock yarn in Burgundy. Love it. And then some wonderful Sol Joy by Catalina yarns in great red and burgundy colors. I can't wait to try it. I really want to cast on for some socks for ME, but alas, I must finish sweater for boy and shrug for Jamie. But that Catalina is NEXT on the needles. I need to find a good sock pattern to really show it off. Any suggestions? Thank you Shelby, you rock.
Coincidentally, my oldest niece is Shellbie. She's 15. She was born during my Sophomore year of high school. She now has her learners permit. I'm sure there are laws against me having a niece old enough to drive.
So tonight I'm going to do some knitting. Speed knitting maybe so I can get to that yarn. It's calling me, can't you hear it? I may lose sleep until I can cast on.
Tomorrow I'm going wedding dress shopping, woohoo. I shall post photos of our shenanigans.
Em

1 comment:

Shelby said...

I'm so glad you like everything! I saw the yarn on my friend Kerry's blog (she works for the yarn shop that is starting to really promote Sol Joy/Catalina yarns), and I knew it had to be yours!!! I'm glad you liked it as much as I hoped you would. ;)