Monday, March 27, 2006

100Things about Emilee Volume

Ok, so I hate finding an interesting blog and then not knowing the person and getting confused about the posts. So I thought I would start out my blog with a little FYI on yours truly.

1. My middle name is Jean; I was named after my Aunt Evelyn

2. My name is spelled Emilee because I'm named after my Uncle Bob whose middle name is Lee. Seriously.

3. I'm from a small midwestern town. I hated it growing up, but now I can appreciate my roots. My family still lives there.

4. One of my very dearest, bestest friends I have known since the first day of kindergarten, 25 years ago this fall. We're getting tattoos this fall to celebrate our silver anniversary.

5. I LOVE to read and often have several books going at once. I'll read anything, cereal boxes, instruction manuals, shampoo bottles.

6. My favorite fiction is mystery.

7. I love monkeys

8. I really am an Auntie Em. I have 3 blood nieces, Amity, Kallen and Emilia, 2 nieces and one nephew by marriage, Shellbie, Madilyn and Dillon, (my step-sister’s kids) and then I have the honor of being an Auntie to my friends kids which includes, Hui Ling, Jordan, Sid, Calvin, Will, and Parker.

9. I'm engaged (actually handfasted) to a wonderful man.

10. My wonderful man has an equally wonderful son that we have custody of.

11. I am Wiccan. I've been on the path for a little over a year but curious for longer. My betrothed is also Wiccan.

12. I have a thing for men in kilts. I LOVE men in kilts. In fact, that's how I found my love. He's a man in a kilt.

13. I knit. I love to knit. I learn more about knitting every day.

14. I haven't really met a craft I haven't tried, loved, and bought too many supplies for. You should see my stamping and scrapping supplies.

15. I work for a non-profit that provides programs for the disabled.

16. I wear braces. I have had them on almost 2 years. I have, HOPEFULLY, 6 months left.

17. As part of the orthodontia, I paid people to break my jaw. Upper in 3 places to pull the upper jaw out, forward and down, and the lower in 2 places to bring it forward. It hurt like hell.

18. I had brain surgery to clip 2 aneurysms in 1999, I was 24.

19. I have been married once before. I was married for 9 years. Most of it unhappy. Divorce was the best decision I've ever made.

20. I am still working on my degree and hope to one day have my bachelor's in History and Ancient Religions, with advanced degrees in the same.

21. I'm a liberal. Extremely Liberal.

22. I always vowed that my next husband would cook. Fortunately for me, KM (that stands for Kilted Man) is a wonderful cook. Took classes and everything.

23. My family never called me Em. Only my closest friends and KM call me Em.

24. I hate it when complete strangers call me Em.

25. I regretted changing my name when I married the first time. After the divorce I took my family name back and have vowed to never lose it again. Hyphens are my friend.

26. I am not a picky eater. However, my food cannot touch and I must eat one thing at a time. Meat is always last.

27. I eat my sandwiches in a circle.

28. I really hate peas because my dad always made me eat them.

29. The man I call dad is actually my step-dad. He married my mom when I was 2.

30. My favorite color is red.

31. My first major in college was journalism. I wanted to be a war photojournalist.

32. My sister named her youngest daughter after me, our grandmother and her friend, Emilia Margaret Sue

33. My grandmother died last May and I miss her every single day.

34. My favorite band is Rush

35. I play the flute and piccolo. 20 years this fall.

36. My grandma taught me to embroidery when I was about 6 years old.

37. I use to make my own Barbie clothes because we couldn’t afford tons of Barbie accessories.

38. My favorite childhood movie is “The Wizard of Oz.”

39. My favorite childhood book is “The Diary of Anne Franke.”

40. My all-time favorite Christmas story is “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”

41. I love the animated and the Jim Carry version of Grinch.

42. I hated the Mike Meyers version of “The Cat in the Hat.”

43. I love Hugh Jackman and would watch the man read the phone book.

44. I have seen “The Phantom of the Opera” live on stage.

45. I still enjoyed the movie version.

46. I developed a serious case of lust after seeing Gerard Butler play Phantom. He’s a highlander, and you guessed it, wears a kilt.

47. I use to have a thing for men in uniform, I gave that up after the divorce, ex was a cop.

48. I really did go to band camp.

49. I didn’t take my flute, I was a drum major. Pervert.

50. I love dogs and cats.

51. I have 2 cats named for Harry Potter Characters, Gryffin and Lupin.

52. I gained a dog when I moved in with KM.

53. I also gained a snake and a Gecko.

54. The snake and I have an agreement, she stays in her terrarium, and I don’t freak out.

55. I have 2 sisters, one 14 months older (she’s my step-sister) and one 3 and a half years younger.

56. I always wanted an older brother and when I was little I didn’t understand why that couldn’t happen.

57. I am one of the last kids in my family to have kids. All but 2 or 3 other cousins have kids.

58. I have 22 first cousins.

59. My favorite classes in high school were, yearbook, English, History, Band and Sociology.

60. My favorite college classes have been, Astronomy and Ancient World Religions.

61. I don’t really collect anything knick-knacky. I collect books and craft supplies.

62. I am very organized. My mom swears I didn’t get it from her.

63. My favorite cake is Red Velvet and Carrot.

64. I can’t choose just one favorite food. I have favorites in several ethnic food types.

65. My KM has introduced me to Vietnamese, Thai, Indian and Sushi.

66. I tried Sushi for the first time last week. It’s not my favorite, but I don’t hate it either. I would eat it again if KM really wanted to go there, but I wouldn’t choose it for myself.

67. I love tequila. I can hold my own with hard liquor. But one glass of wine and I’m tipsy.

68. I love to take pictures.

69. I’m perverted enough to chuckle when I typed 69.

70. I don’t like mushrooms. But KM puts them in things in really small bites so I don’t notice.

71. KM tells me everyday how beautiful I am and how much he loves me.

72. I could never be a vegetarian because I grew up in the Midwest where meat is a big part of our world.

73. I have eaten and liked a lot of wild game; dear, squirrel, and rabbit.

74. I have been struggling with my weight for the better part of 10 years. I lost 40 pounds after my surgery so I’m working on losing more.

75. I really hate it when people ask me when I’m going to get pregnant and have kids. It’s none of their business.

76. I really don’t like George W. Bush.

77. I would seriously consider moving to Europe and becoming an ex-patriot if the Supreme Court overturns some very key decisions.

78. All of my extended family would disown me if I became an ex-pat.

79. I considered joining the Marine Corps after high school graduation. But I just really wanted to go to college.

80. I joined an Internet dating site for 3 days. Then I met KM through a different site and I deleted my profile.

81. I am 5’8” and I have always liked being tall.

82. Except for the fact that it’s hard to find jeans to fit my long legs and small waist.

83. I love shoes. The higher the heel, the better.

84. I won’t spend more than $35 for tennis shoes, but I have no problem spending $80 for a great pair of pumps.

85. I prefer white gold to yellow.

86. I love opals.

87. I will probably elope when it is time for KM and I to tie the knot.

88. I converted to Catholicism when I married my first husband.

89. I have never agreed with the Catholic Church on most issues.

90. My favorite TV shows are, ER, West Wing, Law and Order (all of them), Crossing Jordan.

91. I really hate clutter.

92. I can’t ever have just one craft project going at a time. I always have several different projects.

93. After my divorce I was ok with the fact that I might not remarry. I knew that if by the time I was 36 I hadn’t met someone I would just be artificially inseminated because I knew I wanted at least one child.

94. My first daughter will be named Olivia after my grandfather.

95. I love living in New Mexico.

96. I can’t speak Spanish and I don’t want to learn. I know how silly that is considering I live in the Southwest.

97. I’d like to learn Arabic and American Sign Language.

98. I hate roses and rose scented things. I’d rather be given a pretty spring bouquet than roses.

99. I hate gardening. My allergies are too bad and it’s just not fun.

100.I know my 30’s are going to be MUCH better than my 20’s.

No comments: